Monday, November 15, 2010

LIFE

Ok, recently I've indulged myself even with school crunch going on by reading amazing books. I'm going to die due to overworking, even at such a young age, and it's all going to be my own fault, coupled with IB.

YES, IB. International Baccalaureate. Last week was ok, but prep for this week made it terrible. I had my Math IA due today, and I don't take IB math standard level (since I'm a junior) so I had to work through it without class/teacher guidance. I take Calc 2/3, way to go non-IB! Tomorrow I have to turn in my Statement of Intent for my IOP in English, and I have to still finish the book: Death of a Salesman. My friend is a total know-it-all braggart and told me that her topic is going to be about "remote places, and how they develop characterization in this play." And I'm stuck doing something generic. To make it worse, our English teacher, while amazingly brilliant at teaching and an amazing person, picks favorites so our grades kind of...reflect that.

Meanwhile, I have to study for physics, and my EE topic for IB is due this Friday and I have to make up the research log that should've been slowly filling up this past month. Sheesh, my life would be so much easier without IB!! To make it worse, I have to work on my science fair project that's due in the upcoming weeks because I'm collecting data on algae growth due to various pollutants. It's being measured at a local research institution with thousand dollar equipment; yay...

The whole distraction thing isn't working out, either. I'm growing ADHD, I swear, since I can't concentrate and I always start doing other things, like typing this up when I should be finishing up Salesman and writing my Statement of Intent. It's 10 PM exactly and I still have to work on stuff. A LOT of stuff.

I've been reading a lot of books lately, of which I wish I could review here if I had the time. I recently wrote a recc for an online friend of mine who is aspiring to be a published writer, but she lives in Indonesia where these opportunities aren't as open. Check out her original story called Touched here: leahcurrantouched.blogspot.com/ It's quite an amazing read, and you can find my recc in an upcoming post. It's grand, spectacular, and all around amazing. Um, other than that, I've gotten around to amassing a pile of books, all ready to be reviewed/read... so I guess, when Thanksgiving break rolls around next Wednesday, I can get something on.

No comments:

Post a Comment